10th December. The City of Birmingham Brass Band presented a festive programme of brass band music to an appreciative audience at Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College, Highgate. A feature of this concert was the participation of disabled young people, aided to play music instruments by the One Handed Musical Instrument Trust (OHMI). OHMI is working to bring modifications to instruments to remove the barriers to music-making for physically disabled people and has formed a sponsorship arrangement with the band. Some clips made during the concert will be appearing on youtube shortly, but in the meantime here is Alison Balsom talking about the trumpet!
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Just An Ordinary Lawyer October 23, 2017 at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm The Y - Theatre, 7 East St, City Centre, Leicester LE1 6EY, UK with Tayo Aluko
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers November 25, 2017 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Birmingham An evening of song
- City of Birmingham Brass Band December 9, 2017 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College, 1 Belgrave Road, Birmingham B12 9FF, UK Christmas Concert TBC
- Handsworth Community Choir Concert December 14, 2017 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm St Mary's Church, Hamstead Rd, Birmingham B20 2RW, UK
- The Nick Ross Orchestra January 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Epsom Playhouse, 42 Ashley Ave, Epsom KT18 5AL, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era