Last weekend I was very lucky to be able to go to the Swanage Jazz Festival to see one of my favourite pianists from the USA, Stephanie Trick. She specialises in stride piano, a form of early jazz featuring a ‘striding’ left hand pattern of bass notes and chords, often played at breakneck speed. Stephanie was fantastic and inspirational to see live, a really engaging performer and consummate virtuoso in her choice of repertoire. Here is one of her early youtube clips playing the stride piano classic ‘Handful of Keys’ by Fats Waller – fantastic!
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Private engagement July 29, 2017 at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Shropshire, UK Solo piano
- Private engagement August 12, 2017 at 10:30 am – 11:30 am Sutton Coldfield, UK Solo piano
- The Nick Ross Orchestra September 4, 2017 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm Potters Resort, 1 Coast Rd, Hopton, Great Yarmouth NR31 9BX, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- City of Birmingham Brass Band - BARRA September 16, 2017 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Saint Martin in the Bullring, Edgbaston St, Birmingham B5 5BB, UK Birmingham Air Raids Remembrance Association service
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers September 16, 2017 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Mary Vale, Birmingham