Last weekend I was very lucky to be able to go to the Swanage Jazz Festival to see one of my favourite pianists from the USA, Stephanie Trick. She specialises in stride piano, a form of early jazz featuring a ‘striding’ left hand pattern of bass notes and chords, often played at breakneck speed. Stephanie was fantastic and inspirational to see live, a really engaging performer and consummate virtuoso in her choice of repertoire. Here is one of her early youtube clips playing the stride piano classic ‘Handful of Keys’ by Fats Waller – fantastic!
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- The Nick Ross Orchestra January 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Epsom Playhouse, 42 Ashley Ave, Epsom KT18 5AL, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- The Nick Ross Orchestra February 10, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Grantham, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- Private engagement February 11, 2018 at 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Derby, UK solo piano
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers February 17, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Mary Vale Church, Birmingham Pupils of Jo Dwyer sing a selection of classical and show songs.
- Handsworth Community Choir March 8, 2018 at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham B12 9ND, UK International Women's Day