Last weekend I was very lucky to be able to go to the Swanage Jazz Festival to see one of my favourite pianists from the USA, Stephanie Trick. She specialises in stride piano, a form of early jazz featuring a ‘striding’ left hand pattern of bass notes and chords, often played at breakneck speed. Stephanie was fantastic and inspirational to see live, a really engaging performer and consummate virtuoso in her choice of repertoire. Here is one of her early youtube clips playing the stride piano classic ‘Handful of Keys’ by Fats Waller – fantastic!
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Just An Ordinary Lawyer October 23, 2017 at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm The Y - Theatre, 7 East St, City Centre, Leicester LE1 6EY, UK with Tayo Aluko
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers November 25, 2017 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Birmingham An evening of song
- City of Birmingham Brass Band December 9, 2017 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College, 1 Belgrave Road, Birmingham B12 9FF, UK Christmas Concert TBC
- Handsworth Community Choir Concert December 14, 2017 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm St Mary's Church, Hamstead Rd, Birmingham B20 2RW, UK
- The Nick Ross Orchestra January 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Epsom Playhouse, 42 Ashley Ave, Epsom KT18 5AL, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era