Last weekend I was very lucky to be able to go to the Swanage Jazz Festival to see one of my favourite pianists from the USA, Stephanie Trick. She specialises in stride piano, a form of early jazz featuring a ‘striding’ left hand pattern of bass notes and chords, often played at breakneck speed. Stephanie was fantastic and inspirational to see live, a really engaging performer and consummate virtuoso in her choice of repertoire. Here is one of her early youtube clips playing the stride piano classic ‘Handful of Keys’ by Fats Waller – fantastic!
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Handsworth Community Choir April 29, 2018 at 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Handsworth Park, Birmingham B20 2HE, UK Vaisakhi
- The Nick Ross Orchestra May 12, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm BSE Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- Cabaret Needs You May 13, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm The Station, United Kingdom, 7 High St, Birmingham B14 7BB, UK
- Sticky Fingers June 6, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Kitchen Garden Cafe, 17 York Rd, Birmingham B14 7SA, UK An interactive musical journey through the highs and lows of motherhood. New tragic-comic musical by local singer/actress Rebecca Schwarz. Accompanied by Iain Jackson.
- City of Birmingham Brass Band June 17, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Novotel Birmingham Centre Hotel, 70 Broad St, Birmingham B1 2HT, UK