This weekend was a very special one for me, performing one of my absolute favourite pieces for piano duet and also accompanying the wonderful German Requiem by Brahms with Ex Urbe Chamber Choir. Performing an accompaniment in a duet was a new experience and at first it was tricky balancing the instinct to follow my duet partner Sara Wilander and also follow a conductor! It was also a very intense experience accompanying a work of the length and emotional involvement of the Brahms – a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I have had a fascination for the Schubert F Minor Fantasia for piano duet since encountering it as a teenager but have never had the opportunity to perform it until now. The haunting, delicate melody at the start is I think one of the most beautiful of Schubert’s creations. This was a weekend to remember and hopefully the first of many appearances by the Jackson-Wilander duo.. or Wilander-Jackson of course!
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Private engagement July 29, 2017 at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Shropshire, UK Solo piano
- Private engagement August 12, 2017 at 10:30 am – 11:30 am Sutton Coldfield, UK Solo piano
- The Nick Ross Orchestra September 4, 2017 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm Potters Resort, 1 Coast Rd, Hopton, Great Yarmouth NR31 9BX, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- City of Birmingham Brass Band - BARRA September 16, 2017 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Saint Martin in the Bullring, Edgbaston St, Birmingham B5 5BB, UK Birmingham Air Raids Remembrance Association service
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers September 16, 2017 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Mary Vale, Birmingham