This weekend was a very special one for me, performing one of my absolute favourite pieces for piano duet and also accompanying the wonderful German Requiem by Brahms with Ex Urbe Chamber Choir. Performing an accompaniment in a duet was a new experience and at first it was tricky balancing the instinct to follow my duet partner Sara Wilander and also follow a conductor! It was also a very intense experience accompanying a work of the length and emotional involvement of the Brahms – a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I have had a fascination for the Schubert F Minor Fantasia for piano duet since encountering it as a teenager but have never had the opportunity to perform it until now. The haunting, delicate melody at the start is I think one of the most beautiful of Schubert’s creations. This was a weekend to remember and hopefully the first of many appearances by the Jackson-Wilander duo.. or Wilander-Jackson of course!
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- The Nick Ross Orchestra January 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Epsom Playhouse, 42 Ashley Ave, Epsom KT18 5AL, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- The Nick Ross Orchestra February 10, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Grantham, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- Private engagement February 11, 2018 at 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Derby, UK solo piano
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers February 17, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Mary Vale Church, Birmingham Pupils of Jo Dwyer sing a selection of classical and show songs.
- Handsworth Community Choir March 8, 2018 at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham B12 9ND, UK International Women's Day