This weekend was a very special one for me, performing one of my absolute favourite pieces for piano duet and also accompanying the wonderful German Requiem by Brahms with Ex Urbe Chamber Choir. Performing an accompaniment in a duet was a new experience and at first it was tricky balancing the instinct to follow my duet partner Sara Wilander and also follow a conductor! It was also a very intense experience accompanying a work of the length and emotional involvement of the Brahms – a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I have had a fascination for the Schubert F Minor Fantasia for piano duet since encountering it as a teenager but have never had the opportunity to perform it until now. The haunting, delicate melody at the start is I think one of the most beautiful of Schubert’s creations. This was a weekend to remember and hopefully the first of many appearances by the Jackson-Wilander duo.. or Wilander-Jackson of course!
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Just An Ordinary Lawyer October 23, 2017 at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm The Y - Theatre, 7 East St, City Centre, Leicester LE1 6EY, UK with Tayo Aluko
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers November 25, 2017 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Birmingham An evening of song
- City of Birmingham Brass Band December 9, 2017 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College, 1 Belgrave Road, Birmingham B12 9FF, UK Christmas Concert TBC
- Handsworth Community Choir Concert December 14, 2017 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm St Mary's Church, Hamstead Rd, Birmingham B20 2RW, UK
- The Nick Ross Orchestra January 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Epsom Playhouse, 42 Ashley Ave, Epsom KT18 5AL, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era