On October 10th 2015 I had the great pleasure to accompany one of the country’s finest trumpeters, Anthony Thompson, in a guest appearance with the Warley Male Choir. The concert took place at St. Faith and St. Laurence C of E Church in Harborne, Birmingham. Our programme included 20th century French repertoire, Arutunian’s Concert Scherzo and a movement from Toot Suite by Claude Bolling, one of my favourite jazz influenced pieces. Here’s a link to Anthony’s website where you can find out more about him and his musical work: http://www.anthonythompsontrumpet.com/. And here’s a clip of Toot Suite played by the legendary Maurice Andre:
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- The Nick Ross Orchestra January 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Epsom Playhouse, 42 Ashley Ave, Epsom KT18 5AL, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- The Nick Ross Orchestra February 10, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Grantham, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- Private engagement February 11, 2018 at 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Derby, UK solo piano
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers February 17, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Mary Vale Church, Birmingham Pupils of Jo Dwyer sing a selection of classical and show songs.
- Handsworth Community Choir March 8, 2018 at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham B12 9ND, UK International Women's Day