On October 10th 2015 I had the great pleasure to accompany one of the country’s finest trumpeters, Anthony Thompson, in a guest appearance with the Warley Male Choir. The concert took place at St. Faith and St. Laurence C of E Church in Harborne, Birmingham. Our programme included 20th century French repertoire, Arutunian’s Concert Scherzo and a movement from Toot Suite by Claude Bolling, one of my favourite jazz influenced pieces. Here’s a link to Anthony’s website where you can find out more about him and his musical work: http://www.anthonythompsontrumpet.com/. And here’s a clip of Toot Suite played by the legendary Maurice Andre:
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Private engagement July 29, 2017 at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Shropshire, UK Solo piano
- Private engagement August 12, 2017 at 10:30 am – 11:30 am Sutton Coldfield, UK Solo piano
- The Nick Ross Orchestra September 4, 2017 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm Potters Resort, 1 Coast Rd, Hopton, Great Yarmouth NR31 9BX, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- City of Birmingham Brass Band - BARRA September 16, 2017 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Saint Martin in the Bullring, Edgbaston St, Birmingham B5 5BB, UK Birmingham Air Raids Remembrance Association service
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers September 16, 2017 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Mary Vale, Birmingham