On 2nd November 2015 I had the pleasure to deputise on piano with a great jazz group called The Great Birmingham Trombone Company. The group is modelled after Bobby Knight’s Great American Trombone Company, a pioneering ensemble of 5 trombones and rhythm section playing hard swinging jazz charts and sounding like a miniature big band – a really exciting sound. Little did I know when taking the gig that I was stepping into the shoes of a giant – John Patrick, one of the UKs leading jazz musicians, accomplished composer, bandleader and former Chairman of The British Musician’s Union. For those who were around in the 80s John Patrick is the composer of the theme tune for the long-running darts quiz show Bullseye. So I was a little nervous when rehearsing with the group for the first time! It was a lot of fun though and I hope I’ll be lucky enough to play with this group again in the future. Read about the amazing career of John Patrick here: http://www.bullseyetvgameshow.com/tv-show/bullseye-theme-tune/
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- The Nick Ross Orchestra January 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Epsom Playhouse, 42 Ashley Ave, Epsom KT18 5AL, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- The Nick Ross Orchestra February 10, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Grantham, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- Private engagement February 11, 2018 at 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Derby, UK solo piano
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers February 17, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Mary Vale Church, Birmingham Pupils of Jo Dwyer sing a selection of classical and show songs.
- Handsworth Community Choir March 8, 2018 at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham B12 9ND, UK International Women's Day