The City of Birmingham Brass Band were fortunate to be asked to take part in this thrilling contemporary dance work based around the miner’s strike of 1984-5, created and produced by Gary Clarke Company. The band’s role (in a 5-piece format) was to play the role of a colliery brass band and provide traditional brass band music for several of the scenes including ‘Death or Glory’ and ‘The Floral Dance’. Everyone involved was thrilled to take part in the official world premiere of this work at the Dance XChange, Birmingham Hippodrome on 11th February 2016 and subsequent performances on 12th and 13th.
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- The Nick Ross Orchestra January 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Epsom Playhouse, 42 Ashley Ave, Epsom KT18 5AL, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- The Nick Ross Orchestra February 10, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Grantham, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- Private engagement February 11, 2018 at 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Derby, UK solo piano
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers February 17, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Mary Vale Church, Birmingham Pupils of Jo Dwyer sing a selection of classical and show songs.
- Handsworth Community Choir March 8, 2018 at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham B12 9ND, UK International Women's Day