The City of Birmingham Brass Band were fortunate to be asked to take part in this thrilling contemporary dance work based around the miner’s strike of 1984-5, created and produced by Gary Clarke Company. The band’s role (in a 5-piece format) was to play the role of a colliery brass band and provide traditional brass band music for several of the scenes including ‘Death or Glory’ and ‘The Floral Dance’. Everyone involved was thrilled to take part in the official world premiere of this work at the Dance XChange, Birmingham Hippodrome on 11th February 2016 and subsequent performances on 12th and 13th.
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Handsworth Community Choir April 29, 2018 at 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Handsworth Park, Birmingham B20 2HE, UK Vaisakhi
- The Nick Ross Orchestra May 12, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm BSE Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- Cabaret Needs You May 13, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm The Station, United Kingdom, 7 High St, Birmingham B14 7BB, UK
- Sticky Fingers June 6, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Kitchen Garden Cafe, 17 York Rd, Birmingham B14 7SA, UK An interactive musical journey through the highs and lows of motherhood. New tragic-comic musical by local singer/actress Rebecca Schwarz. Accompanied by Iain Jackson.
- City of Birmingham Brass Band June 17, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Novotel Birmingham Centre Hotel, 70 Broad St, Birmingham B1 2HT, UK