The City of Birmingham Brass Band were fortunate to be asked to take part in this thrilling contemporary dance work based around the miner’s strike of 1984-5, created and produced by Gary Clarke Company. The band’s role (in a 5-piece format) was to play the role of a colliery brass band and provide traditional brass band music for several of the scenes including ‘Death or Glory’ and ‘The Floral Dance’. Everyone involved was thrilled to take part in the official world premiere of this work at the Dance XChange, Birmingham Hippodrome on 11th February 2016 and subsequent performances on 12th and 13th.
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Private engagement July 29, 2017 at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Shropshire, UK Solo piano
- Private engagement August 12, 2017 at 10:30 am – 11:30 am Sutton Coldfield, UK Solo piano
- The Nick Ross Orchestra September 4, 2017 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm Potters Resort, 1 Coast Rd, Hopton, Great Yarmouth NR31 9BX, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- City of Birmingham Brass Band - BARRA September 16, 2017 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Saint Martin in the Bullring, Edgbaston St, Birmingham B5 5BB, UK Birmingham Air Raids Remembrance Association service
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers September 16, 2017 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Mary Vale, Birmingham