The City of Birmingham Brass Band were fortunate to be asked to take part in this thrilling contemporary dance work based around the miner’s strike of 1984-5, created and produced by Gary Clarke Company. The band’s role (in a 5-piece format) was to play the role of a colliery brass band and provide traditional brass band music for several of the scenes including ‘Death or Glory’ and ‘The Floral Dance’. Everyone involved was thrilled to take part in the official world premiere of this work at the Dance XChange, Birmingham Hippodrome on 11th February 2016 and subsequent performances on 12th and 13th.
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Just An Ordinary Lawyer October 23, 2017 at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm The Y - Theatre, 7 East St, City Centre, Leicester LE1 6EY, UK with Tayo Aluko
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers November 25, 2017 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Birmingham An evening of song
- City of Birmingham Brass Band December 9, 2017 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College, 1 Belgrave Road, Birmingham B12 9FF, UK Christmas Concert TBC
- Handsworth Community Choir Concert December 14, 2017 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm St Mary's Church, Hamstead Rd, Birmingham B20 2RW, UK
- The Nick Ross Orchestra January 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Epsom Playhouse, 42 Ashley Ave, Epsom KT18 5AL, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era