Over the weekend of 27th and 28th February I had the fantastic experience of working with some good friends and incredibly talented musicians and performers in a presentation of a very special work. According to the official website: ‘This stirring portrait of life illustrated through popular show tunes, memorable love songs and original inspiring music will entertain, inspire and delight those of all ages.’ I would certainly agree! It was an amazing and inspiring experience, so particular thanks go to my good friends Paul and Melanie Cartwright who brought me into the project and also Lisa Nyberg-Jackson who joined in with some impromptu violin playing at short notice. A special weekend.
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Handsworth Community Choir April 29, 2018 at 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Handsworth Park, Birmingham B20 2HE, UK Vaisakhi
- The Nick Ross Orchestra May 12, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm BSE Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- Cabaret Needs You May 13, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm The Station, United Kingdom, 7 High St, Birmingham B14 7BB, UK
- Sticky Fingers June 6, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Kitchen Garden Cafe, 17 York Rd, Birmingham B14 7SA, UK An interactive musical journey through the highs and lows of motherhood. New tragic-comic musical by local singer/actress Rebecca Schwarz. Accompanied by Iain Jackson.
- City of Birmingham Brass Band June 17, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Novotel Birmingham Centre Hotel, 70 Broad St, Birmingham B1 2HT, UK