1st September. In August while at the Edinburgh Festival with Dr Ahmed I met a charming, well-spoken gentleman by the name of Tayo Aluko in the dressing room. Talking to him I quickly realised here was a really special performer. Later in the week I went to see one of his one-man shows – Call Mr Robeson. A dramatised account of the life of Paul Robeson, the famous actor, singer and civil rights campaigner, this was a brilliantly written and produced play, delivered with powerful dignity and wonderful singing by Tayo. The production included background music and song accompaniment by a pianist. Little did I know watching the production that I would be performing that role myself only a couple of weeks later! Having swapped numbers Tayo called me with only a couple of days notice due to a pianist being indisposed and there I was myself playing the show to a wonderfully appreciative audience in LLandinam, Wales. It really was a privilege to work with such a committed performed with such a powerful and highly relevant message in today’s political climate.
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers July 1, 2017 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Erdington, Birmingham, UK
- City of Birmingham Brass Band July 15, 2017 at 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Ironbridge Gorge, Ironbridge TF8, UK Brass Band Festival
- The Nick Ross Orchestra July 15, 2017 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm The Grove Theatre, Dunstable Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- Private engagement July 29, 2017 at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Shropshire, UK Solo piano
- The Nick Ross Orchestra September 4, 2017 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm Potters Resort, 1 Coast Rd, Hopton, Great Yarmouth NR31 9BX, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era