10th December. The City of Birmingham Brass Band presented a festive programme of brass band music to an appreciative audience at Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College, Highgate. A feature of this concert was the participation of disabled young people, aided to play music instruments by the One Handed Musical Instrument Trust (OHMI). OHMI is working to bring modifications to instruments to remove the barriers to music-making for physically disabled people and has formed a sponsorship arrangement with the band. Some clips made during the concert will be appearing on youtube shortly, but in the meantime here is Alison Balsom talking about the trumpet!
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- The Nick Ross Orchestra September 22, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm Radlett, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- City of Birmingham Brass Band September 29, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm St Augustine's Church, Edgbaston, Lyttelton Rd, Edgbaston, Birmingham B16 9JN, UK
- The Nick Ross Orchestra October 6, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm Clasketgate, Lincoln LN2 1JJ, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- The Nick Ross Orchestra December 2, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Princess Alexandra Theatre, Yarm, TS15 9EJ Sounds of the Glenn Miller Orchestra
- The Nick Ross Orchestra January 19, 2019 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Lichfield Garrick Theatre, Castle Dyke, Lichfield WS13 6HR, UK Sounds of the Glenn Miller Era