10th December. The City of Birmingham Brass Band presented a festive programme of brass band music to an appreciative audience at Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College, Highgate. A feature of this concert was the participation of disabled young people, aided to play music instruments by the One Handed Musical Instrument Trust (OHMI). OHMI is working to bring modifications to instruments to remove the barriers to music-making for physically disabled people and has formed a sponsorship arrangement with the band. Some clips made during the concert will be appearing on youtube shortly, but in the meantime here is Alison Balsom talking about the trumpet!
Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- Sticky Fingers June 6, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Kitchen Garden Cafe, 17 York Rd, Birmingham B14 7SA, UK An interactive musical journey through the highs and lows of motherhood. New tragic-comic musical by local singer/actress Rebecca Schwarz. Accompanied by Iain Jackson.
- Cabaret Needs You June 10, 2018 at 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm The Station, Kings Heath High Street
- City of Birmingham Brass Band June 17, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Novotel Birmingham Centre Hotel, 70 Broad St, Birmingham B1 2HT, UK
- The Nick Ross Orchestra July 14, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm Dunstable, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- Handsworth Community Choir July 27, 2018 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm St Mary's Parish Church, Handsworth, Hamstead Road, Birmingham B20 2RW, UK Performance for Birchfield Jazz Festival