Welcome from Iain!
Pianist, accompanist, sometime composer and arranger, Yogi, cyclist, Swedish learner.
- The Nick Ross Orchestra January 27, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Epsom Playhouse, 42 Ashley Ave, Epsom KT18 5AL, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- The Nick Ross Orchestra February 10, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Grantham, UK Sounds of The Glenn Miller Era
- Private engagement February 11, 2018 at 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Derby, UK solo piano
- Jo Dwyer's Blossoming Singers February 17, 2018 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Mary Vale Church, Birmingham Pupils of Jo Dwyer sing a selection of classical and show songs.
- Handsworth Community Choir March 8, 2018 at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Midlands Arts Centre, Birmingham B12 9ND, UK International Women's Day
Author Archives: iainjacksonpiano
My first experience of the quintessential brass band experience that is The Whit Friday Brass Band Contests. Around a hundred brass bands competed this year in twenty different contests at venues scattered around the moorland villages and towns on the … Continue reading
A chance to see two of my favourite performers together in one place at the same time and have a pizza aswell – amazing! Seeing musicians of this calibre is always super enjoyable and inspiring, and an opportunity to learn … Continue reading
It is always fun to be involved in a show and with a talented cast of young performers from the King Edward VI Schools at Aston and Handsworth it really was a treat to be playing for this production of … Continue reading
The Handsworth Community Choir was invited to participate in an inspiring event entitled Tell Me A Story which showcased a diverse mix of performances telling women’s stories through word, song and dance. The choir presented two pieces – Both Sides … Continue reading
Handsworth Community Choir’s Christmas Concert held at St Mary’s Church featured my first publicly performed choir composition, One With You. I was very proud for the choir to perform this piece, the first original work of mine to be given … Continue reading
10th December. The City of Birmingham Brass Band presented a festive programme of brass band music to an appreciative audience at Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College, Highgate. A feature of this concert was the participation of disabled young people, aided … Continue reading
October saw The Nick Ross Orchestra take to the road and bring the sounds of the Glenn Miller Era to audiences in Ayr, Lanark and Blackburn. A new feature in this tour was this beautiful interpretation of the Rodgers and … Continue reading